Skip to main content

today i see

i looked in the mirror, and in the feeble light of a fall evening i saw myself as who i wanted to be. a girl who ruled her own life, defiant and strong. a girl not needing makeup or bronzer, who revvels in her pretty imperfections. sun kissed skin and wild natural waves in her hair. purple pants and stripped shirts that go beyond the borders of fitting in.
i stare to long at this girl i see and the illuion falters. my eyes water with the lack of blinking and my unfourtunate allergies to the new spring weather. i walk closer and i see my face is paler then i had first thought. my eyes are puffy and lined in red. i sigh, defeated and return to my book, where i can be lost in the heroin's strength and not have to be bothered by my lack thereof.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey buddy that was beautiful and so are you, remember that. oddly enough the feeling of being not strong that's how i am feeling with my driving classes...random yes i know. i love you ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Nothings

You know me too well. you break these daily boundaries these walls i tried not to build you pave the way for happiness in other conciousnesess. I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. And all because of you

mother

i don't know what it is but i cant stand you anymore. maybe because I've been with you for 6 weeks straight. then i got two weeks of freedom, glorious freedom, and it's hard to come back to living in this house, with you, with whom i now associate all the wonderful memories of arguments that you could never bare to lose, the days spent waiting at each corner for you as you lagged behind inconsiderately taking pictures. my friend told me last night, in alcohol fuelled praise, that you were real. that she had incredible respect for you. and i just couldn't agree. you're real only in the sense that you let us know exactly what is on your mind without bothering if it upsets us. but you don't take the time to listen to me, to consider my opinions, because everything anyone else thinks is completely illogical and a waste of time. you can't grasp that you're views aren't one size fits all. they don't work for everyone; especially not me. You can't...

Here's a secret for you;

I have always been fascinated with the human body, but more so the female body. I think of it as beautiful and artistic. Ever since I was young I'd been subjected to the naked female form. Swimming pool showers and older women walking nude. Being taboo, my friends would all be so scarred and afraid to look. But I'd been subjected to it at a young age, and grew accustomed. Being around women who weren't ashamed to be exposed opened my eyes, and gave me an appreciation for this work of art hung in flesh. And so I find that drawings and paitings of naked women are just so beautiful. I can't explain it more than that. There's nothing much more beautiful than a women who isn't afraid or ashamed of her body. [from rue des images ]