Skip to main content

reading week

I've been in Kelowna for the past few days, staying with my friend Kaeleigh and her one year old daughter who is possibly the brightest ray of sunshine my eyes have ever soaked in. She's such a dream, living laughing so innocent and free. She's become so comfortable with me; crawling on me like a jungle gym, playing with my pens and crochet hook, trying to do what I do. She's growing up so fast. Today I saw her walk for the first time. I feel so blessed that I was able to witness such a milestone (and catch it on film!). She makes me happy when I'm feeling down, and I'm so thankful for her. This trip has been good so far. I'm still battling with insecurities, and my family that stretches my mind back to Calgary in a most unpleasant way. This trip is showing me that there is life elsewhere and so many places, to run to.
she couldnt help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere ese
I really love being here with my two best friends Petra and Kaeleigh. They're living on their own, all grown up in a beautiful place, and it makes me just want to break free
I want to break freeeeeeeeee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mother

i don't know what it is but i cant stand you anymore. maybe because I've been with you for 6 weeks straight. then i got two weeks of freedom, glorious freedom, and it's hard to come back to living in this house, with you, with whom i now associate all the wonderful memories of arguments that you could never bare to lose, the days spent waiting at each corner for you as you lagged behind inconsiderately taking pictures. my friend told me last night, in alcohol fuelled praise, that you were real. that she had incredible respect for you. and i just couldn't agree. you're real only in the sense that you let us know exactly what is on your mind without bothering if it upsets us. but you don't take the time to listen to me, to consider my opinions, because everything anyone else thinks is completely illogical and a waste of time. you can't grasp that you're views aren't one size fits all. they don't work for everyone; especially not me. You can't...

Sweet Nothings

You know me too well. you break these daily boundaries these walls i tried not to build you pave the way for happiness in other conciousnesess. I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. And all because of you

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough ...