Skip to main content

New re workings

Today I had the long awaited meeting with my poetry professor Richard. We met at Kensington Pub to discuss my poetry and my performance, and just to catch up. I had brought my latest poem to get his feedback and this is what he told me to do:
You take the best lines from the poem, the ones that you really like, and cut them out with scissors. take all these lines and put em in a hat and pick them at random and lay them out in the order you take them out. It gives you a totally new and yet same poem. Here's my results:


Dont settle for disposable, opt for compostable, reusable sustainable; a green future is attainable.
When did we split of the evolutionary tree and plant ourselves in the soils of skewed priotities?
Instead of mindless expansion we should be expanding our minds.
We can erase the scars of freeways and cars, rewind time to teeming life, erase the strife and strive with all alive, and live in this give and take.
We make junk to make a buck, because who gives a fuck about the toll we're taking, as long as we're making dough.
See at the heart of it we are all a part of it. We are all connected and all affected when mother earth is disrespected.
Every diaper you've ever crapped in is still trapped in a landfill. and it'll still be here after you're gone.
When we need air to breathe and this is created by trees, why do we clear cut to build up our factories?
Working to stay alive as if the blood that filled our veins was currency.
Let's compost the ground so that she may regrow and show us the right way to live.  With some give and some take we can make this world a better place.


Scott then put it all in the hat and took out the lines, and here's his results:

When did we split off the evolutionary tree and plant our selves in the soils of skewed priorities?
let us compost the ground so she may regrow, and she can show us the right way to live. with some give and some take we can make the world a better place.
Working to stay alive as if the blood that filled our veins was currency.
We can erase the scars of freeways and cars, rewind time to teeming life, erase the strife and strive with all alive, and live in this give and take.
Instead of mindless expansion we should be expanding our minds.
When we need air to breathe and this is created by trees, why do we clear cut to build up our factories?
Every diaper you've ever crapped in is still trapped in a landfill. and it'll still be here after you're gone.
See at the heart of it we are all a part of it. We are all connected and all affected when mother earth is disrespected.
Don't settle for disposable, opt for compostable, reusable sustainable; a green future is attainable.
We make junk to make a buck, because who gives a fuck about the toll we're taking, as long as we're making dough.

It's a pretty interesting exercise and it won't be the last time I use it!



Comments

pihzaz said…
This is really cool girl, i love the poem. Was it you that told me that diaper in a landfill thing?? Totally remember that from somewhere. Imiss you wisdom

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

Sweet Nothings

You know me too well. you break these daily boundaries these walls i tried not to build you pave the way for happiness in other conciousnesess. I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. And all because of you

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough