Skip to main content

uh oh...?


In the upright possition, the Lovers is about finding that other half of ourselves. It might be a person, but it can also be anything that completes us, that speaks to us--a career, a cause, a religion. It usually involves us making a choice to go for that something and so feel whole, unified. Reversed....

1) Opposite: The clearest opposite to coming together is being split apart. So one of the simplist and most obvious messages here is a break up. A couple breaks up, a family split, a fight within a company causes it to be fragmented into two parts...neither of which is as strong as when it was unified and whole. One thinks of famous comedy teams, that chemistry between partners, where magic happens when they're together...but apart, they're just not the same.


Also, the reversed Lovers could be a bad or wrong choice has been made.


2) Upsidedown: The Lovers card is very interesting when turned upside down. Right-side-up, the Angel dominates. This is important as the card (Rider-Waite style), is dominated by Gemini--which is not only partnerships, but communication and the mind. Hence, the card is symbolically talking about a spiritual or mental connection.Turn it upsidedown, and the Angel is grounded. What ends up on-top are the genitals of our naked man and woman--and the mountain between them. We get, in essence, a hint of the up-right Devil card, with baser, earthier desires behind the choice. I would read this as saying that the choice that's being made is being made for the wrong reasons--and therefore, is probably the wrong choice. That the querent isn't using their head or intuition, that communication between the two halves is not happening except below the waist. Putting it another way, two things are coming together that may fit, but do not create that unity. In a relationship reading, this would probably indicate that the two were NOT soul mates--that they are together for earthly reasons (a woman wanting a husband or father of her children), not because they were really ment for each other. Likewise with other choices a person might make--choice of career, cause, religion. They're doing it for practical, earthly reasons, not because it makes them feel whole. That mountain is there between the two halves--they cannot be united as they should be. They will never form a whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

I wish I could

I'm a moon person too. But I'm too caught up in my petty securities and routines to wander the streets at night

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough