Skip to main content

ecotone

Instead of mindless expansion we should be expanding our minds. Finding solutions to stop our pollution, to reduce our waste. But we all chase after money and pointless things. Thinking they'll bring us happiness, or self worth. But it's the earth that pays for all the shit we throw away. Make take use, and it's garbage in just a day. But it doesn't just disappear. It's all still here, clogging the Earth's pores with eyesores of giant piles of trash. Every last diaper you've ever crapped in, is still trapped in a landfill. and it'll still be there long after we're gone. Where did we go wrong? When did we split off the evolutionary tree and plant ourselves in the soils of skewed priorities? Working to stay alive, working our nine to five as if the blood that fills our veins is made of money. And I find it funny, when we need air to breathe and this is supplied by trees, we clear cut our forests to build up our factories. We make junk to make a buck, because who gives a fuck about the toll we're taking, as long as we're making dough. No one needs to know about  ozone depletion, chemical secretions, increased rates of extinction. It's always somebody else's problem, somebody else's mess to clean.
We need to live within our means. Rather thank bringing the Earth to her knees, pleading for us to stop the bleeding, stop the receding ice caps. And as the water levels  rise I hear her cries and see the sadness in her eyes as we watch this beauty disappear. I fear it will all be gone for good one day, and that's the reason that I say: Reduce, reuse, refuse to use more than you need, and we can succeed in turning this world around, fertilize the ground so that she may regrow. And she can show us the right way to live, with some give and some take, we can make this world a better place. We can erase the scars of freeways and cars, we can rewind time to teeming life, erase the strife and strive, with all alive, and live, in this give and take. There's so much at stake, but we can make it right. That's why I've taken up the fight to save the beauty that surrounds us, it's all around us from the food we eat to the grass beneath our feet. It doesn't take much, it's easy if you try, just be conscious of your impact, be careful what you buy. Don't settle for disposable, opt for compostable, reuseable recycleable, biodegradeable. We are able to change the world we live in by the changing the way we live with it.
At the heart of it, we are all a part of it. We are all connected, and we are all affected when mother Earth is disrespected.
So come with me, and we'll protect it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

Sweet Nothings

You know me too well. you break these daily boundaries these walls i tried not to build you pave the way for happiness in other conciousnesess. I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. And all because of you

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough