Skip to main content

YOLO!

I feel a transformation has taken place.

I've spent the past two weeks as a new person. I went on a glorious vacation to the west coast with my soul mate, and had ten days of wonderful adventure. Though it was far from problem-free,  I hardly cared. We took my grandparents' '91 Winnebago, at it was a bet of a piece. The pipe to the muffler broke on the first day, and so every time we accelerated, people would stare in wonder at this crazy loud beast ripping down the street. As well, there were three switches that needed to be on in order for her to start, which caused us some stress in Victoria when she wouldn't start. we had gotten her towed only to realize one of the switches was turned off!
But regardless of getting rear ended, getting stuck in the mud at a remote cabin and having the alternator die on our way home, it was still a great trip. We handled each adversity that came our way with cool grace, never getting stressed, and always looking at the positives.
I feel like the trip has turned me into a new person. Someone who is level headed, self-sufficient and positive. It has made me feel less stressed and more happy with the world around me. Being subjected to all the beautiful sights and sounds of the west coast has soothed my savage breast and brought me to a peaceful place.
Spending my 21st birthday in a secluded inlet on the sunshine coast in a homey little cabin with my lover was the best thing I could have ever asked for. It all seems like a dream, a beautiful and glorious dream, but the best part is that it was real. It was real, and because of my planning and our ability to roll with the punches, it was the best vacation I've had.
And the feeling of bliss has endured, continued into my regular day to day life. Coming back, I feel like the relationship with my mother has been rejuvenated and repaired. I've been more open, less hostile, and it has really done wonders for us. I've made the effort to talk more, to tell her more about my life, and help her out as much as I can. I understand that she's in a stressful situation with her parents and incapacitated brother, and I try to be as little abrasive as possible, and instead try to lubricate the day to day problems so they move forward with the least effort.
I feel like this summer will be a good one, it started off with an amazing trip, and I will carry those experiences forward and use them to lighten my days from here on out.
Happy happy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

Sweet Nothings

You know me too well. you break these daily boundaries these walls i tried not to build you pave the way for happiness in other conciousnesess. I had a dream last night. It was beautiful. And all because of you

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough