Skip to main content

of joy.

it was such a perfect moment. we ended up in my room, just standing there, gazing into eachother's eyes. i broke away to press play on my ipod that was hooked up to a stereo. So Long Marrianne came on. perfect. i walked slowly back to him and draped my arms around his neck and nessled in close, my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. i laughed inwardly as the line "you held on to me like i was a cruicifix" came on. as if he read my mind he placed his arms around my waist and we started swaying ever so slightly from side to side. i lifted my head to look at his face. he smiled a knowing smile and softly said "so this is what you were getting at." i smiled in response. we stood nose to nose and continued slowdancing around my room. the song ended and every night came on, and i coudlnt help but grin and mouth along with the words "..but tonight i just want to stay here, and be with you." he smiled and kissed my forhead and whispered in my ear "butterflies.." and i felt myself blush. i wrapped my arms around his waist and gave him a big hug. he slowly brought his hand up to my face and leaned in for a kiss. it was the lightest touch, just a brush, but it sent tingles down my spine and i felt my knees weaken. i rested my head against his chest again and he whispered "i thought you werent going to treat me today.." thats when the tears came. i tried to hold them in so he wouldnt notice, but he did. he rubbed my back in attempt to calm me. "i'm sorry, i was just trying to make a joke, i didnt mean to upset you.." i looked up at him, tears sliding down my face. i noticed the song had changed again. innocence. the only avril song i can stomach. i decided to sing along, in an attempt to tell him my feelings. "the state of bliss you think you're dreaming, the happiness inside that you're feeling, its so beautiful it makes you want to cry.." he just smiled and pulled me in tighter and kissed my head "i love you. so much." "i love you too.."
this moment, is perfect, please dont go away..

Comments

pihzaz said…
Wow man this is so awesome, even the way you just wrote it out is just so perfect. It seems like im reading a story and i completely connected with the person telling it. Man im so glad,,,i dont know why

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

I wish I could

I'm a moon person too. But I'm too caught up in my petty securities and routines to wander the streets at night

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough