Skip to main content

i write to occupy myself

to drown would be so easy.

i sit alone and cold.i go off on a whim, thinking of how i would love his arm around me. but i immediately shy away from the idea. i am not sure why. i have poisoned his memory in an attempt to make this easier. i find myself questioning
what have i done?

i am afraid of myself.
afraid of what i am capable of.
i wonder to what lengths i would go to
in order to do what i feel is right.
i have no concept of the word anymore.
i dont believe in right. i dont believe in anything.
i dont even believe in me.
and i sure dont believe in love.
"love will see us through this"
no.

i have a terrible renching pain in my heart at the thought if it. i feel a burning hatred rising in my chest when i think of things people have told me. Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin, i may have just gone with the majority. democracy wins, but i lose. he loses. every now and then i find my mind going back to him. wanting him back. then i stumble in horror and cry out what have i done? i cant go back. things will never be the same. leave it to me to muddle everything up. but there is still a part of me that validates my decision, that leave a whisp of relief in my soul. i was a fool to believe i could just erase everything that reminds me of him. that in distancing myself from him i'd be able to forget him and move on. i have troubles with forgiving and even more with forgetting. and i know no matter what i'd think of him, in times of deep sadness and loneliness. i cant bring myself to describe the way he touched my life. i'll cry if i do and i've wasted too many tears on him. but i cant turn my back on happiness, even if it was tarnished. truth is he made me feel great, most of the time. and i know i cant trust him as i did, i know i cant go back to loving him the way i did, but i cant leave him in the past. chances are i will regret this choice, but i feel i need to do it. i need to talk to him. i need to hear him. because this loneliness is leaving a black hole in my chest and my vital signs may soon flatline...i dont knwo what i'm saying anymore. i need to get out of here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

teardas

this is the reason i broke up with him in the first place. because it was so much stress and it just seemed hopeless. i know that's a harsh word but its true. he's got so much on his plate and i dont want any more on mine. i have my own set of worries i need to take care of. but i cant just turn him away. the way he opened up to me...it litteraly moved me to tears. i feel his dispair, his depression. he has nothing. but i dont want him to have no one too. at the moment i feel thats all i can do; give him the comfort of knowing that i'm here for him, that he has me. contrairy to his beleifs he hasnt lost me. if he really had, i wouldnt have seen him yestrerday, or tuesday, or any times before that. we wouldnt have acted or talked the way we did if he'd truley lost me. his words stung because i felt his pain through them. his feelings soaking the words and turning them a different colour. i never told him to get the fuck out of my life, but it hurt to know thats how he fe

neighborhood nights

I feel like somewhere along my life there was a shift. Suddenly nothing was for fun any more, it was all necessary. Suddenly I'm bothering with what others think, afraid to link any connotations I deem negative to my being. Why do I care what people I've never met, who'll forget they ever saw me, think of me; this obscure stranger in their peripherals. It's a warped sense of mind and place, seeing the space around me in my mind's made up ways. So I stray away from everyone, isolating myself unwittingly, turning them against me. Self fulfilling prophecies, I succeed in creating this reality. I need to break free from my mind's mentalities, with which negativity has propelled me. So I've started a new sport. I call it neighborhood night dancing. Donning headphones and heading out alone to the empty streets as the city sleeps, and moving to the beat. Letting it compel me towards a freedom long gone missing. Letting go is an art. Complete release is a tough

I wish I could

I'm a moon person too. But I'm too caught up in my petty securities and routines to wander the streets at night